Chiropractic Care for Knee Pain
Knee aches are a fairly common joint problem, especially for the elderly, people with an active lifestyle, and athletes. If you have a knee ache, you likely have difficulty doing simple things like walking or sitting for extended periods. At Clark Chiropractic Clinic, we provide chiropractic care for knee pain for our patients in and around Odessa and Midland, TX. Let’s take a closer look at how chiropractic care can be used to treat knee pain.
How Does a Chiropractor Address Knee Pain?
A chiropractor treats knee pain through the following process:
1. We will examine your medical records and ask you several routine questions about the pain you are experiencing. These questions will include:
- When did the pain start?
- Do you think an injury caused the pain?
- Has the pain been getting more severe?
- What medications are you using?
2. One of our chiropractors will conduct a routine physical exam of your leg and spine to establish the root cause of your knee pain. If the physical exam is insufficient for a prognosis, the chiropractor will request further tests like an x-ray or MRI scan.
3. The chiropractor will utilize ancillary therapies such as massage and physical therapy to treat your knee injury. These therapies are designed to promote cartilage regeneration in your knee joint, encourage the healing of injured tendons and ligaments, and strengthen the muscles around the knee. Keep in mind that the treatment plan for your knee injury will be individualized to fit your prognosis.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care
- No pills are used in chiropractic care; therefore, you won’t have to worry about side effects
- In addition to relieving pain, chiropractic care also works to improve the overall performance of the affected knee joint
- Chiropractic treatment treats the root cause of your knee problem, not just the pain
Contact Our Chiropractors at Clark Chiropractic Clinic
If you live in or around Odessa or Midland, contact Clark Chiropractic Clinic to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors. We can provide the natural and effective treatment that you need to resolve your knee pain. Call for an appointment today. Call our team today at (432) 337-5553 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.